Saturday, November 5, 2011

"Book Talk"

Book Talk
We had some amazing special guests in our classroom over the past couple of weeks. Here's your chance to meet these incredible women and men who made a positive difference in our world:  American colonists, politicians, inventors, astronauts, sports players, explorers, artists, victims of the Holocaust, and animal rights activists.

For episodes 3-6, just click on the name of the guest to watch the interview.  Enjoy the show, and let us know what you think by posting your comments below.
Book Talk Episode 1's Guests:  Wayne Gretzky
                                                     Serena Williams
                                                     Terrell Davis
                                                     Anne Frank
                                                     Roberto Clemente


Episode 2's Special Guests:  Abigail Adams
                                               President Abraham Lincoln
                                               President Andrew Jackson
                                               Jane Goodall


Book Talk Episode 3:     Albert Einstein
     Variety Show              Anne Frank
                                         Jackie Robinson
                                         Clara Barton
                                         Harriet Tubman

Book Talk Episode 4:  Betsy Ross
Guests from Early        Benjamin Franklin
America                        President George Washington
                                      Pocahontas

Book Talk Episode 5--Explorers: 
                                   Marco Polo
                                   John Glenn
                                   Mae Jemeson

Book Talk Finale:    Lebron James
                                  Larry Fitzgerald
                                  Louis Armstrong
                                  President Teddy Roosevelt
                                  Walt Disney
                                  Special Appearance by President Obama


                               
               
                          

11 comments:

  1. Rory said, I can not wait to see Larry Fitzgerald, he lead in receiving for the cardinals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abigail Adams is definately one of the smartest first wife's in history. The White House would've been a rotten dirty pig sty during John Adams reign. Wayne Gretzky made me think (based in his book talk) that he really is the greatest NHL player of all time. Larry Fitzgerald is definately the best reciever of the present time. Serena Williams is a really good tennis player. And her book talk was even 10 times better than she played. Her book talk was outstanding. Anne Frank has probably the better knowledge compared to Hitler's crew and himself. I feel bad for Anne's tragic life ending. Abraham Lincoln's book talk was really satisfying. He told interesting facts. Andrew Jackson was probably the bravest president of all time. I wouldn't want to lose a duel against him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. does anybody have larry Fitzgerald in football cards? Iwould trade nearly ANYTHING for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh forgot to add, I mean any football card for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Zimprich said: Thank you for posting these wonderful book talks. It was fun to meet these important people from history.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicholas said...
    Dear classmates, great job on your book talks!!
    I learned that John Glenn and Roberto Clemente both lived in the Great Depression and sold vegetables for money.I also learned that Wayne Gretzky almost scored 810 goals in his career,he also was a fast skater and he also signed lots of autographs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noah said:

    Andrew Jackson was the best, but Abraham Lincon and Terrel Davis were Really Awesome! I know Larry Fitzegarald will be awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are good comments. Be sure to write your name at the beginning of your comment like Noah, Nick and Rory did. Also, remember to tell specific items that you learned or loved about the book talks. What a fun way to learn about a variety of people! Super job, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucia said...
    Dear classmates
    I loved all of your book talk presentations they rocked.I love all of your voices too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucie said,

    I really like how you filmed all of them and made it like a TV show! I liked all of the costumes that the "guests" wore, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked how everyone spoke very clearly! I also really liked everyone's book talk!!

    ReplyDelete