Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sun, Moon, and Stars Letters

We have been learning a lot about the solar system over the past couple of weeks.  Now it's your turn to share with me what you learned.  Pick ONE topic (either the sun, moon, or stars), and think of at least 3 details you learned about that topic.  Write a letter to me to tell me what you learned, and use complete sentences to share your favorite facts about that topic.  Remember to write the date in the upper right hand corner of your post, the greeting on the left (Dear Miss Shaw,) and a closing at the end (from, sincerely and your name).

                                                                                                               November 18, 2011
Dear Miss Shaw,

I want to tell you I just loved learning about the sun.  Here are all the things I learned....

Sincerely,
Melanie

I can't wait to hear about your favorite topic and the facts you learned about it.  Make your letter out of this world!

28 comments:

  1. 11/17/11
    Dear Miss Shaw,
    I liked learning about the moon. My favorite part was the moon's stages (full moon, new moon etc.). My other favorite part was learning about moonlight that it is reflected sunlight. Almost done, the earths only moon
    from, yours truly, Rory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. November 17, 2011
    Dear Miss Shaw,
    I liked learning about the stars. First, I learned that a constellation is a group of stars that make a shape in the night sky. Next, I learned that a star is a ball of burning gas and it gives off heat and light. Finally, I learned that the stars do not move. Thanks for teaching me about the stars.
    From, Joey Trebil

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear miss Shaw
    1, i learned that the moon orbits earth.
    2. i also leared that sun &solid objets make a shadow.
    3. i learned that the sun is made of hot gasses and it"s vary hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Miss Shaw,

    I liked taking the test about the moon. Did you know the moon is a mirror because the sun's light hits the moon and the light bounces off of it and we see it from earth. This has been my favorite subject this year.

    From.Jacob Bower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Miss Shaw,

    I learned:
    1.that the sun is a star made of gasses.
    2.that the moon orbits the earth and the earth orbits the sun.
    3.the different stages of the moon.
    4.when something blocks the sun it makes a shadow.

    From, Anna Bower

    ReplyDelete
  6. November 17, 2011

    Dear Miss Shaw,
    I enjoyed learning about the sun. One thing that I learned about the sun was how you can tell time with the sun. One other thing was that North, South, East and West are called the Cardinal directions. The last thing I learned was that the word satellite is an object that orbits around other objects.

    Sincerely,
    Sean Vanhove

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear miss shaw 11\18\11
    I learned that the sun shines on the moon from diffrent angles so that there are diffrent phases.
    I learned that it takes the moon about one month to orbit the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. dear ms.Shaw my topic is the moon and the 11/18/11 first thing i learned is that there are 28 phases of the moon the second thing is the moon orbits around earth while orbiting around the sun my third is there is a first quarter moon,third quarter and waning gibbous moon
    sincerely,
    Case

    ReplyDelete
  9. november 18, 2011 i liked taking the test on the sun and moon. I learned a lot of cool things like the sun rises in the East and sets in the West. So thanks a lot for teaching us that. Love, sasha driver

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear miss shaw, 11/18/11
    my favorite part of this unit was about the moon like the lunar cycle and that Venus is a star and that there's a thing called waxing and waning and about how long the lunar cycle takes [28 days]

    ReplyDelete
  11. that comment that says daniele was actuly charlie

    ReplyDelete
  12. dear, ms.shaw i learned that the moon waxes and wanns and it orbits around earth. it also get's sunlight from the sun and that makes it shine. Plus the moon.

    The sun is closer to earth in winter so shawdows are lager but in summer it is father away so the shawdow is shorter. the sun is made out of gases.
    And it also it is so hot you could die.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Miss Shaw, 11/19/11
    The topic I most enjoyed was the sun. Here are three facts about the sun:
    1. The sun is the only star in our galaxy.
    2. The sun would take over 1,000,000 earths to fill it, and yet it is only a medium size star.
    3. The sun is made of hot gas.
    From
    Luke

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Miss Shaw, November 28th, 2011

    The topic I enjoyed the most was learning about the sun. I learned that it is an average size star. The sun is only visible during the day. And that the sun is the only star in our solar system.

    From,
    Carter

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Miss.Shaw

    I liked learning about the sun most because you can tell time with the sun ,it is a medium sized star and its the only star in our soior system.

    From,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear miss Shaw
    The topic I most enjoyed was the sun. The first thing is the sun is a average star. The second thing is the sun is made of hot gas. The third thing is the sun is the only star in our galaxy.

    from:Porter

    ReplyDelete
  17. Noah said:

    dear Ms Shaw,
    I liked learning about the moon
    1.the sliver is called a cressent moon
    2.the ovel is called a gibbous
    3.waxing is getting bigger and waning is smaller

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear ms. Shaw 3 things that i learned:
    1. The sun is the brightest star in our solar system.
    2. You can easily die on the sun.
    3. The sun is the one that creates a "shadow"
    Oscar said this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear miss Shaw,
    1.The sun is the brightest star in the world
    2.It is not the biggest star in the world
    3.The sun is made out gas

    Luke R. did this

    ReplyDelete
  20. dear miss shaw,

    1. the sun is really bright and is made of gas
    2.the sun is a star but only medium sized
    3. if you went close to the sun you would DIE!

    BIRCH

    ReplyDelete
  21. Griffin said

    Dear Miss Shaw

    1. I learned that the sun is the sun is the opine star in galaxy

    2. I also learned that sun and solid objects make a shadow.

    3. I learned that the sun is made of hot gasses and it’s very hot

    ReplyDelete
  22. 12/1/11

    Dear Ms. Shaw,
    Three things I learned about the moon are:
    1. I learned that the moon has a lot of different phases.
    2. I learned that the light side for a first quarter moon is on the right.
    3. I learned that the light side of the for the third quarter moon is on the left.

    Sincerely,
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lucie said:
    I tried to put the date on the right, but the blog wouldn't let me do it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. 12/1/11

    Dear Ms.Shaw,
    three things I learned about the moon are:
    1.That their are a lot of different moon phases
    2.Waxing is getting bigger and waining is getting smaller
    3.The lunar cycle takes 28 days

    From,
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  25. December 1, 2011

    Dear Ms. Shaw,

    My favorite thing we learned about was the moon. The first thing I learned is that the moon always has a light half and a dark half. The second thing I learned is the moon has phases (full moon, new moon, waning and waxing crescent and gibbous, third quarter moon and first quarter moon). The third thing I learned is that it takes 28 days for the moon to complete a lunar cycle (one trip around the earth and all phases of the moon happen).

    Sincerely,

    Jack Bale

    ReplyDelete
  26. December 1 ,2011

    Dear miss shaw,
    1. Thing i learned about the moon was that it takes about a month (28 days) to do a lunar cycle.
    2.I learned that when the sun is shining on the moon we see dark moon but when the lit side is facing earth it is a full moon.
    3.I learned that the moon goes in phases for 28 days.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The last one was from olivia

    ReplyDelete
  28. December 2, 2011
    Dear Ms. Shaw,

    I really enjoyed learning about the moon. Here are three interesting facts about the moon. The moon has no atmosphere so comets come down and crash right into it. The moon is a big sphere of rock and when a comet hits the moon lava fills the place where the comet landed.

    From Nick Y.

    ReplyDelete