Friday, February 1, 2013

Writing Your Personal Narrative First Draft

Writing a narrative is the same as writing a story about one moment of your life.  As you already know, this assignment involves writing about your happiest or proudest moment that you can remember.  Since your blue planning sheet was completed for homework by Friday, you already have some ideas down.  Before you write your first draft, do the following:

1.  Watch this video with a parent!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjqpZbYe6xA

2.  Choose 3 parts  (for example, adding dialogue, show, not tell...) of the video you are going to focus on in your first draft, and write them at the top of your rough draft paper in your composition notebook.

3.  As you are writing your first draft, add details, dialogue, and actions that improve the 3 parts you chose from the video.

4.  Remember your awesome topic sentence!

5.  Remember your incredible conclusion!  (I wish, I hope, a thought or a feeling, something to wrap up the whole topic of your story...)

6.  Ask a parent to look at your narrative to see if you've done steps 2-5.  Once they sign the top of your first draft so I know they've seen steps 2-5 in your story, you're done until Monday.

7.  Very Important:  Remember to bring your story to school on Monday!!!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Miss Shaw,
    I did my first draft of my personal narrative, with my dad.

    Sincerely,
    Percy

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEar miss shaw
    i did my pearsonol narrtve sheet
    with my dad.
    Abdi

    ReplyDelete