Friday, February 8, 2013

Brainstorming Ideas for Writing Your Animal Story

1.  Click on this to watch a video with a parent about coming up with writing ideas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZwE1mQvWRY
 
2.  Take out a sheet of paper like she suggested in the video.  With a parent, start brainstorming an idea for a story you can write with your Creating Change Buddy that goes with your book topic.  (put the main topic in a middle circle and your ideas outside of that circle)
    • If you read Buddy Unchained, then come up with an idea for a fiction story that is all about making sure a fictional animal is safe.
    • If you read It's Raining Cats and More Cats!, then come up with an idea for a fiction story that is all  about animal homelessness and how it can be prevented.
3.  Be sure to brainstorm ideas for the main animal character/characters, people characters, the setting, the problem and the solution.

4.  Remember:  this is just the beginning, but it will help you discuss your buddy's ideas when we meet on Monday. Bring this important sheet of paper to school on Monday!!!

8 comments:

  1. Dear Miss Shaw,
    I did the assignment.

    Sincerely,
    Percy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried but I think I messed up

    Shrub

    ReplyDelete
  3. did assignment





    Regards Raghava

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Class,
    I tried but i think i messed up.
    Abdi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Miss Shaw,
    My draft is really funny.
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear miss Shaw
    I tryed my best but I think I messed up badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

    From your puzzled student,

    ANISA MOHAMUD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still puzzled
    ANISA MOHAMUD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that Anisa
      Abdi

      Delete