Sunday, November 18, 2012

Write a letter to the class!

You have 2 choices for writing to the class over vacation.
  • Write a letter to the class on our blog to tell us about your vacation.  What was your highlight?  Whom did you enjoy spending time with?  What was the funniest event that happened?  Use all the parts of a letter, and write at least one paragraph to the class.  I can't wait to send you a postcard from my destination.  Can you guess where it is?
  • Write a postcard from where you go on vacation: Anytime you go out of town with your family, our class LOVES to hear about where you go.  Tell us what you are doing, whom you are spending your time with, and describe the favorite part of your trip.  Remember to include the date, the greeting, and the closing (see my example below).
Send your postcard to this address:
      Countryside Elementary    
        c/o Miss Shaw
        5701 Benton Ave.
        Edina, MN  55436
Then you'll get to read it to us when you get back.  We can't wait to hear all about your adventures!
 
Here's my first one to you. 

 
November 18, 2012 (date)
 
Dear Awesome Class, (greeting)
 
We've only been gone two days, yet it feels like I haven't seen you for weeks.  As you can see from my picture above, I have been spending the weekend in Minneapolis.  The Stone Arch Bridge is one of my favorite places to go, and it would've been the perfect place to take my dogs for a walk today.  Instead we took a nice walk around my neighborhood just a few miles away from the bridge. 
 
Can you believe how warm the weather is?  I can't wait to enjoy this weather in Chicago when I leave on Tuesday.  As soon as we arrive in Chicago, my friend and I plan on dropping our luggage off at the hotel, and then we're heading straight to Wrigley Field; it's one of my favorite baseball stadiums.  I will write more when I actually get to Chicago. 
 
Sincerely, (closing)
Miss Shaw
 
 

22 comments:

  1. November 24, 2012
    Dear Miss Shaw and class,
    During the the long weekend I really enjoyed thanks giving day because I went over to my friend's house and had a lot of desert (and I like desert). I also liked thanks giving day because I went to two houses for it, in the morning (the first house) I had pancakes and bacon, and I had pancakes because the event was at 9:30 am and that's the time I eat breakfast, and at the 2nd house I had the regular meal (turkey, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, ect). Something I liked during saturday,sunday,monday,and tuesday was my dad and my sister and I playing tennis, sense we live right next to a park with a tennis court we played tennis a lot, and I always think tennis is fun.

    Sincerely,
    Percy Olken-Hunt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I tried to make a indent but because it is a text box it only allows spaces.

      Percy

      Delete
    2. Yea i like dessert yum

      -Madison

      Delete
    3. Hello percy. Did u like the cake or pumpkin pie from my house?

      Delete
    4. I love desert i go awesomeness style when i see desert

      -Andrew



      Delete
  2. Dear Ms.Shaw
    Over the wekend i played video games and hung out with my friends
    from diego

    ReplyDelete
  3. November 25, 2012
    "Hi" every one it's me Anisa and guess where I when for Vacation. Yeah about that I didn't go anywhere I just stayed at home watched TV and even eat at a buffet with my family it was very fun but I know if I when out of town or State then my family and I would have a lot more fun. But I know my family doesn't really like things expensive stuff. And I got to go to irreligious school (not that fun) while others didn't so that was most of my vacation. And no I did not get any turkey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    From: Anisa Mohamud

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ms. shaw
    Over the weekend I had a squirt A hockey tournament and we won all of are games and now we're going to the championship in to 2 hours!

    Sincerely,
    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Ms.Shaw,

    Over vacation I spent time at Wise Guys and at a lot of birthday parties. I spent the most time with my dog on the couch and reading.
    THE TURKEY WAS AWESOME! OH AND MASHED POTATOES!

    Sincerely,
    Awesome Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Miss Shaw,

    Over the Break I was pretty bored until Friday. On Monday I went to my brothers hockey camp which was run by the Edina Varsity Boys hockey team. My Mom had to work so I went to Quinn's Hockey Camp with my "Child Watcher" Paige (who is also my moms former student) and her friend Lexi. Honestly I don't remember anything that happened on Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday I remember waking up at 11:00 am, and then making a cake. Later in the evening though my Grandparents came and had Thanksgiving with us. On Friday I had my Cake eater Classic And Had a game versus Eden Prairie, and Lindsey came to watch me! Then after that at about Three I had a game against Wayzata. After that game I went home for a couple hours and then went to the McKhann's house and had leftover Thanksgiving. On Saturday I had shooting practice at the coaches house with Joe. My coach owns Hatrick sports and Joe is the guy that zambonies the ice and is also an amazing shooter and stick handler. In the afternoon we had a game against Andover. And then finally Sunday I had another hockey game against the another 10U A team at 8:15 am.

    - Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Class: I went to Aitkin to trap coyote, deer and almost anything else. I enjoyed spending my time with my Grandpa and Grandma. It was 21 degrees and below with 5 inches of snow.


      from: Sawyer

      Delete
  7. p.s I also went to the Kerigans house for thanks giving and ate alot of mashed potatos.
    from diego

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Class,

    I think I may be the only person in the class that did'nt go on a vacation, but I will tell you what i did do. I went out to dinner with our neibor Peg on Tuesday, and we went to Crave, a restraunt at the Galleria. On Wensday i just lazed around, nothing you need to hear about and on Thanksgiving we ate with our neibor Peg's family, whom I did not meet before. It was fun meeting them because they are a funny loving family, and the kids came and that was good because i did not have any other contact with kids in the break. Peg got us some cool games to play, they were like electronic board games, witch was neat. The kids names were Trent and Kaden, Trent was 7 and Kaden was 6. The younger kids got bored after dinner and got a little restless on who got to play what game, and they had to go home, but I had a nice time. I know I did not list all the days, but moastly I was lazy during break, witch is nothing to write in a letter. So that was my break, hope you liked hearing about it! See you in class!

    -Madison

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Miss Shaw and class mate,
    Over the long break I went to water park of America with my Tibetan friend. We had lots of fun! we got there at about 2:30 and got home at 8:30. After he slept over at my house and we watched a movie. He slept over agian so we played alot of x box!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear class

    Over break I had lots of fun! I went down to the barn to do chores and ride. It was really fun and I ended up being down their for 6 hours! My favorite thing I did though, was go to my Aunt and Uncle's farm. It was my second time going and this time they had cats! There was a gray one named Mozyr and a black and bron one named Pequenita. At Thanksgiving we had our cousins, Grandparents and friends come over. When it started snowing all the kids ran outside to play! At Thanksgiving I did not eat the turkey because I saw it before it went into the oven!
    Sincerely,
    Althea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Class,
    Thanksgiving break was really fun! i hope you had fun too!
    when i got home from school 2 fridays ago i went home, then i played the computer. that was really fun! the next day, i went to this restraunt. Then, next monday, i almost forgot i had no school!
    then i remembered that theres no school. then last wedsday i cleaned up our house to prepare for thanksgiving, we also did some thanksgiving shopping, we bought cranberry sauce, vegtables, cranberry juice, corn, and corn soup!
    on thanksgiving i found out that we were going to a friends house for thanksgiving, i was really upset i wont be home for thanksgiving. but the next day. we went to another friends house.
    the bad part was, i was the only boy. then on saturday, we played a game of monopoly, that game sure is long! it took us 2 days to finish! finally on monday 11/26 i went back to school! so that was my week without school!

    from,
    Jung Haye

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear class
    my family didnt go any where for thanksgiving.but i did go to the and went to the park.I even watched the vikings game.I mean if the vikings played harder they would of won.Anyways on thanksgiving my religon dosent celebrate thanksgiving!
    Then on saturday my religon school had a pizza party.On sunday we watched the Bears vs. Vikings.That's my long weekend.
    By:Abdi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And my highlight is that we spent most of the time at the park.The most funniest thing is that when my brother touches my baby sister's head she would asumme that something is on her head and she would slap her head.And my brothers and I had a wrestiling match.It was the four of them vs.me.I eventully won because of my strength.But the bad thing is that I was bitten by my brother and it really,really hurt.It felt like he chomped off my arm.But guess what happened? My arm was BLEEDING.So I had to put on alchol wipes,then on a pad on for some reason.my mom told me it would calm it down,then finally she put on those big bandage wraps and she told me"You young sir would have to be careful for this arm".Two days later it heald.So if you wish to have a younger brothers think closly.One good thing is that you could boss them around and think they are your servers and what ever you tell them they would have to.And if your thinking well what happenes if they say no? Well give them the evil eye.And if that dosent work then tell them that if you dont do what i said i will crush you.Then they will do what you said.But the bad thing is that they whine too much and you get sick and tired of it.If you dont have little siblings,congragulations.If you do then welcome to the club.Thats my long weekend.P.S,I might've give in a little advise.
      By:Abdi

      Delete
  13. Dear class during the thanksgiving break I went to my cousins house. The dinner was a normal thanksgiving dinner we had mashed potatoes, turkey, green beans, turkey filling i think its called. I also read played video games and played with my dog. Oh and I also slept a lot it was the most wonderful and best thanksgiving break i have ever had! My favorite part was when i was playing with my do i had so much endless time well in my world endless. I like my dog he is so awesome.

    From,
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh the do is actually dog

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear class during the thanksgiving break I went to my cousins house.The dinner was like any other thanksgiving dinner we had stuffing, mashed potatoes, pickles, green beans, and TURKEY!!!! My favorite thing that I did over the weekend was having a hockey tournament and we got in the championship. It went in to double over time against Eden Prairie. And we won and I got the assist for the last GOAL!!!!!! After that My coach wanted our team to go to Bunny's our if we didn't we would have to skate around the rink five times and I stayed at bunny's until 12:00 PM. MY WEEKEND WAS THE BEST WEEKEND I EVER HAD.

    Sincerely

    Jake Hankinson

    ReplyDelete