With one of your parents, watch the video below. Then do the assignment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybcWhsf4CE&list=PLDDA72E8BF50762B9&index=4&feature=plpp_video
1. Ask your parent to read your first draft of your Me Book assignment on how you do homework.
2. Ask the same parent to give you feedback by writing PATS for your assignment as seen in the video. The PATS should be written on an index card or on the next blank page in your writing notebook.
3. He/She should give you one praise (P), ask one question (A), one "Tell something that stuck with you" (T), and give one suggestion (S).
4. Ask your parent to share the PATS with you out loud after they've written it down. Ask them questions if you have any about their feedback.
5. Now that someone else has given you PATS and you've learned what it is, be prepared to give PATS to a classmate about his/her writing on Monday.
hi miss shaws class.
ReplyDeletenicole molitor.
Hi Miss Shaw,
ReplyDeleteI did my pats.
SIncerely,
Percy
Dear Miss Shaw, I did my PATS
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
Jeremy
Dear Class,
ReplyDeleteI didn't really understand the PATS system at first so I watched the video again I did PATS(Y).
Brendan
Dear Miss Shaw, I finished my PATS
ReplyDeleteraghava
Dear Miss. Shaw
ReplyDeleteI dont get what you mean on the passage fro your video.
By:Abdi
So did you have an adult who could watch the video with you so they could give you PATS on your assignment about what kind of homework doer you are? I don't understand your question.
Deleteyes i had my dad help
Deleteby:abdi
Dear Miss. Shaw
ReplyDeletei don't get either what you mean for the video.
sincerely jake
You need to watch the video to learn the PATS system of giving and getting feedback with a parent. Then ask a parent to give you one idea for each part of PATS (4 pieces of feedback total). I'm not sure what your question is.
DeleteDear Ms. Shaw,
ReplyDeleteI did my PATS.
Awesome Andrew
Dear mrs. shaw
ReplyDeleteI finshed my PATS.
By:Abdi
hi class
ReplyDeletemadison
I am done with the PATS and it improved my writing
ReplyDelete-Madison
P.S. Is that Jack Bale in the video?
That's awesome, Madison. Yep, that's him. We did PATS a lot when I taught him in 3rd and 4th grade so he was an expert.
DeleteNice job, everyone! I can't wait to have you give PATS to one of your classmates tomorrow. Remember to bring back your writing assignment about homework and the PATS your parent or adult gave you tomorrow. I can't wait to see you!!!
ReplyDelete