Saturday, March 3, 2012

Awesome Facts About the Plains Native Americans

Extra, Extra, Read All About It!

Read through the Glogs on the Plains Native Americans that your 3rd grade classmates worked hard at creating.  Then write one paragraph about the topic that was the most interesting to you, including the facts you learned that made the topic fun to read about. 

Remember to do the following:
  • Write a topic sentence to introduce the topic you liked the most.
  • Write at least 3 complete sentences with interesting facts you learned about that topic.
  • Write complete sentences rather than using numbers. 
  • All of the sentences in the paragraph should go together so don't skip any lines between the sentences.
  • Use proper punctuation and capitalization.
  • Check your spelling before you submit your paragraph.    
  • Write a closing sentence to wrap up your topic.
(photo retrieved from brooklynmuseum.org on 3/03/12)

17 comments:

  1. dear class,
    My faveorite blog was the one about the games.
    I like it because it was very detailed. Here is some of the facts I learned. The first one is girls use games to help them grow up. The second one is boys use the hoop game to help them hunt. They also use games to have fun and win awards.
    That is what I learned from this blog.
    Sincerely yours, Charlie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice job including all the parts of a paragraph, Charlie!

      Delete
  2. Dear Class,
    I liked the glog about games. I like it because there weren't that much spelling errors and grammer errors. I also was very discriptive. I learned that games were very important and that's how the Plains people learned how to grow up. They also had fun playing games. A lot of the games had hoops in them. I would've loved to be part of a Plains game.

    Sincerely,
    Oscar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Class,
    My favorite glog was the one titled "Jobs of Plains Native Americans". I like it because it told a lot about the jobs the Plains Native Americans had. The first thing I learned about their jobs was that some Plains women took the place of men and were warriors. The second thing I learned was that Plains men traded things like buffalo fur and wool blankets. I also learned that Plains children were taught how to make dolls and baskets. Those were some of the interesting things I learned about Plains jobs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did a nice job including all the parts of a paragraph, Luke, and you had great facts too.

      Delete
  4. Dear Ms. Shaw and class,

    My favorite glog was about food.
    I liked it because it had interesting things like how they ate seal,snake, and porcupine.
    And I learned a lot of facts. I learned that the Blackfoot tribe hunted by driving animals off a cliff or by sticking them with a bow and arrow. Second, they ate pemmican and they made it by drying meat and pounding it into cakes. A turnip has a flower like top.

    From: LUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great facts and topic sentence, Luke! Remember to wrap up every paragraph with a closing sentence.

      Delete
  5. Hi...The blog I choose is the food blog. I didn't know they made pudding out of Buffalo's blood. I also didn't know that they eat monkey. I didn't know turnips looked like a flower. Thats what i learned on the food blog.

    From,
    Porter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Ms. Shaw
    I would like to tell you about the buffalo. Here are three facts believe it or not. The Buffalo blood actually tastes like Jello, isn't that cool. The plains indians also used the skin for tipis and clothes. The horns were used to make spoons or bowls. They even could make weapons so they used every thing.

    From Carter Hruby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great facts and topic sentence, Carter! Remember to include your closing sentence.

      Delete
  7. Dear Class, March 6, 2012 5:45 PM
    Do you want to know what I learned about?
    I learned that Plains people used to paint on buffalo hides. Another one was bison hides can be made into belts. My last fact is that buffalo hides were traded for pumpkins and corn. And that is what I learned about buffalo.
    Love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great interesting topic sentence and you remembered the closing sentence too. Nice job!

      Delete
  8. Dear Class,

    My favorite glog was the food one because I learned lots of cool things. I did not know that the turnips they ate grew 3 inches under the ground. I also learned that the Plains Indians hunted lots of different animals. It was interesting to learn that they could make pemmican by drying buffalo meat and pounding it. I liked reading this golg because it taught me lots of interesting things tonight.

    Love,

    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Class,
    It was very interesting to learn many things about the Plains Indians. First, I learned about some jobs that they did, like hunting and cooking. Secondly, I learned that some games they played were lacrosse and soccer. Finally, it was neat to learn that the Plains used buffalo hides to make blankets. I really enjoyed making a glog and learning about Plains Indians. Joey Trebil

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Class,
    My favorite blog was food it was interesting because. I did'nt know that the Plains people ate buffalo and porcupine.Another thing I found interesting was buffalo blood was made into pudding. One more thing I learned was that they had a lot of unique things to eat like whale seal monkey, oh gosh that's some weird stuff. That is what learned about the 3rd grade glogs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite glog was about the jobs of the men, women and children of the Plains Native Americans. The glogster was clearly written without many errors. They included a lot of information about the jobs. The facts that I found most interesting were that they lived in expanded families of 100 or more and the men and boys hunted on horseback. I enjoyed learning about the jobs of the Plains Native Americans.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miss Shaw,

    My favorite glog was about games. The kids had chores so they didn't have a lot of time to play. When they were able to play they would play hoops, soccer, lacrosse. Games were important because it was good for warfare. It helped them work together as a team.
    Love
    Anna

    ReplyDelete