Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Glogs of the Plains Native Americans

Food

Buffalo

Games


Jobs of Women, Men and Children

14 comments:

  1. Noah said:

    Do you want to know what I found most interesting about the Plains Indians? What I think is the most interesting is that the Plains ate Seal. I never would of guest that the Plains at seal. I also think it's cool that the Plains ate Buffalo just like the Anishinabe. Last but not least, I think it's interesting that the Plains people ate snakes. I would never want to eat snake. :( That is what I found interesting about the Plains people.
    :( = frowny face,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear, ms.shaw

    My favorite glog was the buffalo glog. I liked it because it had lots of exciting punctuation marks on it. Also I found out that the Plains used buffalo ribs for instruments. The best thing about it was that it was part of my glog. The glogs were awesome and I want to do them again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Miss.Shaw,
    My favorite glog was the food glog. I liked it because it had some exiting things that I never new they ate. I found out that the plains people ate snakes and monkey! I would have never thought they ate that! The plains people also never wasted things on animals they use all of it and the buffalo blod would be turned to pudding how gross! I hope we do glogs again next year. : )
    See you tomorrow,
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear, Ms. Shaw

    My favorite Glog was the one about games. I think it was interesting
    because I liked learning about the games we have today. It was exiting learning about the lacrosse stuff because that was my favorite sport in the bunch in there. (If there was football, it would defiantly be my favorite.) That is why I enjoyed learning about this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Miss.Shaw,

    I thought the food glog was interesting because the Plains people ate seal,whale,snake,clam and, monkey. I never would have ate or guessed that! It's also cool that they never wasted the food they got. I think it's cool that the Plains and Anishinabe both ate Buffalo. I can't wait to do glogs for are book talk project! :)

    See you tomorrow,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Ms. Shaw,

    I liked the food glog best. It was my favorite because I learned that the Plains Indians ate wild turnips. I also learned that they hunted deer, elk, turkey, quail, and buffalo. Another thing I learned is that they ate rabbit, seal, geese, duck, and snakes. Those are the things I learned about the Plains Indians' food.

    Sincerely,
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Miss Shaw,

    I thought the food glog was the most interesting because it gave the most detail and it kept me in on the topic. It was very descriptive about exactly what they ate. It never got boring. It also seemed that the writers took a good amount of time to write their glog to keep it interesting. That's why I thought the food glog was the most interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Ms. Shaw

    Do you know what I liked?

    I didn't that buffalo blood would be turned to pudding.Also I liked That they ate all kinds of things i would never eat. The last thing I liked is they played games we play now.
    :) Smily face.
    I loved the glog assignment I hope I can do it next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. to Miss Shaw,
    I liked the jobs glog because it had lot of intresing facts on it. Some of the jobs we could have today. It was cool that some jobs we don't do today.And thats what i learn

    ReplyDelete
  10. The most interesting glog was the one about Buffalo!!! I learned lots of things from the BUFFALO glog!!! The buffalo blood was made into pudding and jello. The hides were used for clothing. The plains used buffalo ribs for toboggans. I chose the buffalo because they used every part of the buffalo body.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I chose to read the glog about the Plains games. I think the girls have to do more work than the boys and have less fun games to play. They boys play many team games to help them learn to be a good team player for future warfare. The girls games are to learn skills so they can help the men when they are older. The Plains games prepare the children for life skills.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miss Shaw,
    I enjoyed the buffalo glog. I learned that they used all of the buffalo. The hide could be painted. They would use the hide for clothing and tipis were made out of them. They also ate the buffalo.

    Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear class,
    i liked the games the most. i learned they were so smart they invented lacrosse! they made hockey and other things, too. i learned the girls played with dolls. that is what i learned.

    sincerely,
    Case

    ReplyDelete