Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Marven Writes a Letter Home

   

                                                                                                                          May 5, 2011

Dear Students,

We have had a lot of practice with problem-solving and writing letters this week.  For this blog post, I want you to pretend that you are Marven, and write a letter to your family back home.  Describe some of your frigtening experiences, your new best friend, your new home, any problems you've had and how you've solved them, or anything positive that you want them to know.  Invite your family to come visit you at the logging camp.

I can't wait to read all about your adventures as Marven!  Remember to write your blog post in the form of a letter, just like I did here.

Sincerely,
Miss Shaw

26 comments:

  1. jackie said

    Dear Family Back Home
    I am having much fun here.I just need to tell you that when i was exploring i saw movement. I thought it was a bear but thankfully it was just one of the lumber jacks.I have my own job thats great for me! But i still really miss you too.

    Sincererly,
    Marven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Family,
    I miss you terribly,but I have met a new friend named Jean Louis.A scary moment was when I was skiing and thought there was a grizzy bear behind a tree but it was realy just Jean Louis.I get to sleep in a wonderful office all to my self it has a desk with pencils and pens!A couple problems I had was leaving you guys but I solved it by meeting Jean Louis and just relaxing. I also saw that there was bacon for breakfast and was not kosher so I decided not to eat it and have oatmeal instead.And here is one other detail I would love it if you could come and visit me at the logging camp I would greatly enjoy that!

    your one and only,Marven {Grace Lohrding}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake said

    Dear family it is great here but I had some scary encounters. Once I got there I got my job which is to wake up late sleepers. So on my first day, one person was left in bed and he was a huge lumberjack named Gene Lewis. He ended up being my friend. Another time I was skiing in the forest and I thought I saw a grizzly bear, but it was just my friend Gene Lewis. I have my own job which I'm really good at and I get done by sunset so I have some free time. I've made lots of friends and I've learned how to play some lumberjack games and sing French songs. I miss you very much.
    Sincerely,
    Marvin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack said

    Dear my loving family,
    i've made a new friend already but had some scary moments. My new friend is Jean Lewis and he is big. Some scary things are that i had to wake up Jean Lewis and that was not fun. I also once saw a grizzly but it turned out to be Jean Lewis. I have a house all to myself and you are all invited to come and visit me at the logging cabin.

    Sincerly,
    your hard working boy:Marven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noah said

    Dear family

    I've made tons of new friends and guess what?: I got my very own ax from my best friend Jean Lewis. I even oncethought I saw a grizzly bear but it was only Jean Lewis. I miss you alot and I recomend a logging camp

    Sincerly
    Your best child: Marven

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicholas Says...

    Dear family...
    My new home is the logging camp. My new friend is Jean Louis. One problom is that Jean Louis can't write and the book keeping was a disaster. I solved the problom by using a ruler to make the chart. Jean Louis used his thumb print as his own symbol. His thumb print is as big as a baby's fist. Please come visit because there is a lot of cord(trees) to chop down.
    From,
    Marven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matthew

    Dear family,
    I have reached logging camp! My knew friend is Jean Lois! He is huge his thumb print is as big as a babies fist! I know that because he can't write so he has to have a trade mark so I can pay him for his cords. Only it is hard to tell how to do my job so I had to organize it. Now it is easy. I'm missing you so please come visit and you can meet Jean Louis.
    Yours trouly,
    Marven

    ReplyDelete
  8. Montse said...

    Dear family,
    I miss you a lot but I'm having a good time. I made a new friend. Once when I was looking in the woods I thought there was a bear but it was actually my new friend marking trees to cut. I have my own office and my own job. The only thing I don't like about having a job is I can't do things as much.

    Sincerely,
    Marven

    ReplyDelete
  9. oscar said

    Dear family,
    I've had some good times and some bad times. I've got a new friend named Jean Louis. He was very frightining when I first met him. He has got better. Once, he was standing in the forest and I thought he was a giant grizzly bear. Jean once gave me my very own ax. It's been pretty fun here. I hope you could come!

    From,
    Your only (I wished) child,
    Marven

    ReplyDelete
  10. Porter said...
    Dear family...
    I have a new friend. His name is Jean Louis.One time I thought Jean Louis was a bear.I like it here.Jean Louis gave me a ax. You should down here some time.
    from,
    Marven

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear family,
    I miss you very much but I`m having fun here. The lumber jacks are huge!
    I even had to wake one up! I have made a new friend who is a lumber jack.
    His name is Jean Louis.At one point in the woods I thought he was a grizzly
    bear! I hope you write back.

    your son,
    Marven (this is Lukas)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear family
    I am having so much fun and I even made a new friend and his name is Jean Louis.Once I thought he was a bear but he wasin' He gave me an ax too. I wish you could come up here and I miss you. Love,
    Marven

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear family,
    I miss you so much but I also like it here. I made a new friend his name is Jean Louis. At one point in the woods I thought he was a grizzly bear because he is really big.

    sincerely,Marvin (Zach)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thomas said...

    Dear family,

    At first I was very scared, I had to wake up the lumber jacks, keep track of how much they cut and how much money they made. But then I made a new friend Jaun Lewi, who really helped, then I made up a way to deal with the lumber jacks business. We have had a good time and I hope you can come soon and I think I might want to come next year.

    Sincerely, Marven.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Family,

    I'm thinking about you right now, just as I was while eating the latkes on the train, but now I'm here! It turns out I have my very own office and a place to sleep! I had to wake up lumberjacks in the morning and woke up the big one named Jean Louis. So I made a new friend, a lumberjack, named Jean Louis. After waking up one morning and seeing breakfast was bacon that was not kosher, I decided to choose the oatmeal. One time I went out skiing and saw behind me what looked like a giant grizzly bear, but it turned out to be Jean Louis. It's different seeing huge lumberjacks all around, I wish you were here right now!

    Your Son,
    Marven (Josh)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Violet says

    Dear family,
    I miss you so much but I'm having fun. One thing that is going well is that I made a new friend, Jean Louis. I also get my own room all to myself which is nice. I have also learned some songs, dances, and games that the lumberjacks play. I have two jobs. One is to wake the jacks who sleep in late. I also have to keep the books. At first it was hard but then I made a chart. Now I get done before sunset and get some free time. Here at logging camp they don't have kosher. So I decided to eat flapjacks and oatmeal with milk. Then the next day I would eat steak and oatmeal without milk. One time I was skiing around and I thought I saw a grizzly bear. In the end it turned out to be Jean Louis! One last thing I need to tell you is that Jean Louis gave me an ax. Some day you should come and visit me and the logging camp.
    Sincerely, Marven

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lucie said-

    Dear Family,
    At first I didn't like logging camp- I had to wake the lumberjacks- but it got a lot better. I met a new friend named Jean Louis and he gave me an ax! I even have a bedroom all to myself! At breakfast I realized that I couldn't eat bacon and I couldn't eat all of the other stuff in one meal. So I ate some of it one day and the other stuff the next day. I think I might want to come next year. It would be great if you could visit me sometime!

    Sincerely,
    Marven

    ReplyDelete
  18. Griffin said:

    Dear Family:
    I miss you very much and I am lonely. I met a friend named Jean Louise and that makes me feel not so lonely. I have a job that is very important. I keep track of the lumberjack’s work. I was afraid I would not be able to keep it straight but I got everything in order. Now I even get some free-time in the afternoon to go skiing. I want to see you soon. Please come to visit.
    Love, Marven

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ellie said:
    Dear Family,
    I have missed you so much. But i have made some new friends like Jean Louise. That makes me feel happy because i know somebody there. I have to it is the number job. It is where I keep track of the lumberjackswork. I get some free time if i get all of my work done and I go skiing. Once I was skiing and I thought I saw a grizzly bear but it was Jean Louise! Please write back soon I miss you a ton
    Love your best son Marven

    ReplyDelete
  20. Eva said

    Dear family

    I am having so much fun and I even made a new friend and his name is Jean Louis.Once I thought he was a bear but he wasin't He gave me an ax too. I wish you could come up here and I miss you. Love,
    Marven

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lucia said

    Dear family
    I miss you a lot but I am having fun here. I even made a friend I thought he was a bear. He gave me a ax to help cut down trees. See you soon.
    Love,
    Marven

    ReplyDelete
  22. Olivia said

    Hi family i am having so much fun i have a ox and miss home i hope to come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. miss shaw when i said ox i ment ox

    ReplyDelete
  24. birch said
    Hi mom and dad I,am having a lot of fun here. I met some lumberjacks here
    and I have my own job! One job I have to do is i have to count each persons stacks of wood. Another one is I have to do wake up lumberjacks that don't wake up on time. Well I hope I can come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Family,
    I am having a lot of fun here. I have to get up early to chop wood. I have a room that I work in too. We eat pancakes and I give my bacon to my friend. I had some free time one day so I went skiing. I thought it was a grizzly bear, but it was my friend Jean Louise. I miss you!
    Love, Marven
    Luke/Marven

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dear Mom and Dad,
    It is strange being somewhere with out you. It is still fun thou. Today I was out on a frosen lake and I thout I heerd a bear.

    love Marven

    [alexa]

    ReplyDelete