Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Haiku Revue

Today we discussed the elements of a haiku poem, watched some fun animated haiku poems on the big screen, and you gave me feedback on the haiku poems that I have written about nature. 

Now it's your turn to share the haiku poem you wrote that you liked the best.  Remember that the one you post must be the one you worked on and did the following things in your second draft:
1.  You corrected the spelling.
2.  You showed the events or objects rather than told about them.
3.  You used the 5 senses.
4.  You looked up at least 2 boring words from your first draft in the thesaurus and replaced them with
     words you thought were more descriptive. 

Here is the one I'm submitting, even though I want to write another one about lilacs because I just saw little purple blooms when I got home today. 

"Speckles"
My dog loves to run
Leaping, dashing through the yard
Tired, he rests on grass

29 comments:

  1. Ellie Said:

    Grace

    Grace makes me feel great
    I have known her forever
    WOW Grace is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Shaw said...It's nice that you chose to write a tribute to a person, Ellie. Did you write one about nature too? I'd love to read that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucia said...

    Knox

    I can see my dog
    He is perfect in heaven
    In the stars he lay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Violet said

    Palm trees
    Palm trees swaying from
    The lightly blowing wind on
    The beach of soft sand

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace said

    Rain
    Rain waters the earth
    rain supplies us icy water
    rain makes nature grow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jake said

    Storms

    I do not like storms
    rain pelts my window. Look out!
    watch out for a storm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oscar said

    Stella (dog)
    A little cute dog
    In a huge,giant pumpkin
    And then sleeps in dirt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Violet said

    Leaves
    Fluttering falling
    Leaves coming down from the trees
    Pretty falling leaves

    ReplyDelete
  9. Birch said

    The Jungle

    The jungle has vines
    The jungle makes weird weird noises
    Also I sniff the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  10. The last one was a mistake
    olivia said
    Trees
    Squrriels in a nest
    With leaves droping to the ground
    Branches in the sky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jackie

    WHERE IS MY DOG

    Where is my dog now?
    i looked under the bushes
    he isin the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucie said-

    The Jungle
    by: Lucie Kalgreen

    Trees are everywhere,
    Long vines hanging up above,
    Pouring on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nicholas said...

    The Furious Jungle

    Trees are all around
    like a jungle with thick clouds
    roaming the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Montse said... (fixed last post)

    The Ocean

    The water is blue
    I can see fish swim in it
    I feel the wet sand

    ReplyDelete
  15. Matthew said

    RAIN!
    BY: Matthew Enck

    Rain, rain rain rain rain
    Rain, you view it in the air
    Go away swiftly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Porter said...
    A cheetah dashed across the prairie
    cheetahs are asome
    cheetahs are the coolist

    ReplyDelete
  17. jack said...

    Mangos

    mangos are awesome
    i go out and pick mangos
    near the roaring sea

    ReplyDelete
  18. Noah said

    My cat likes to play.
    She thinks nature is awesome
    She is very Beast

    ReplyDelete
  19. Josh Said

    Rain

    Very damp outside
    Rain is pelting the window
    GRAB YOUR UMBRELLA!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thomas said...

    Penguins
    sleek, dark, gliding by
    slipping through the dark deep sea
    where will he find fish?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Zach said...

    Large Gray Clouds
    Flashing Silver in the Air
    Boom! Crackle! Boom! Boom!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Griffin said.....

    Rain

    Rain is heaven’s cry.

    Running down my face is wet.

    Trickle off my chin.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Luke said
    Tiger is dashing
    Tiger dashing through the leaves
    Tiger is tired
    , Luke

    ReplyDelete
  24. There are so many wonderful visions in your haiku poems. I'm wondering if you can think of a topic where you can write an entire book about it in haiku. We will read a book by Andrew Clements this week that does just that.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Eva said
    Apes steal salty chips
    Furry ape jumped on my back
    I love Gibraltar!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lukas said

    Birds
    soaring the sky
    chirping here and there
    birds every where

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lucia said
    I read all of our Haiku poems and I think they are great.

    ReplyDelete
  28. My cat loves to run
    He dashes all day in the sun
    I adore my kitty

    [alexa]

    ReplyDelete
  29. Birds
    they fly through the sky
    they fly every day and week
    chirping every where
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete