Dear Students,
This weekend, your job is to do the following:
1. Review the video on writing a captivating introduction with a parent. Click here for the video!
2. Discuss with your parent which of the 5 kinds of introductions would be best for your animal story (you know, the one that you have been brainstorming ideas about with your Creating Change Buddy over the past 2 weeks).
3. Write an introduction for your story on our blog post, using at least 3-4 sentences. Remember, the most important part of any story is the very first page! Either your readers will want to keep reading, or they won't want to read it at all. This will be the introduction you will share with your Creating Change Buddy on Monday so be sure to print it off!
4. See if you can guess which kind of introduction your classmates are writing. Perhaps, you'll get ideas from one another.
Here is an example of my own. Can you guess which introduction I used or if I used a combination of them?
"A-rooooh! A-roooooh!" My twin brother Bobby and I looked up from our game of chess as soon as we heard her high-pitched howl. Without a second thought, we bolted out the front door and ran down the street to the fenced in yard where the young and neglected jack russell terrier we had grown to love lived. "What did they do to her this time?" I thought as we skidded to a halt next to the fence.
I am Dog. My "owners" are cruel and hateful. But there is someone. Someone who loves me. He is nice to me. Every time the other people hurt me, he tries to stop them. Some nights I feel like I could just break my chain and run away... forever.
ReplyDelete-Shrey
Dog should be James
Delete-shrey
DeleteI am Dog. My "owners" are cruel and hateful. But there is someone. Someone who loves me. He is nice to me. Every time the other people hurt me, he tries to stop them. Some nights I feel like I could just break my chain and run away... forever.
ReplyDelete-Shrey
sorry about the double post. My computer was slow so I clicked the "publish" button twice.
Delete-The one and only pulchritudinous Shrey