Friday, December 14, 2012

News Story Final Project

We have spent the last week focusing on how to write an awesome introduction/lead to your informative news story from the 1400s and 1500s.  Then we discussed using details to show why your audience should care about your story.  Why is it important?  What important details should we know?

Who?
What?
Where?
When?
Why?
How?

And finally, we worked on how to write an interesting conclusion that wraps it all up. 

You have 3 options for delivering your newscast since you are a reporter for this project:  a live news report in class, creating a Voki (super fun!) or creating a Go Animate newscast (very fun too!).  No matter what you decide to do, remember it's your job to make your audience care about your news story from that time period, and you need to be expressive with your voice  and become a reporter as a part of achieving this. 

Now watch the video that will help you with the project you choose.  If you don't have an account set up yet, you may use your school e-mail address if you know it, but you can only use that address to create school-related projects.  Otherwise, ask a parent to help you set up an account with their e-mail address (you won't get any e-mails from them unless you want to):

How to Create a Voki

How to Create a Quick Go Animate Video (you all used this to create your voting video)

How to Create a Full Go Animate Video

When you are done with your project, copy the link to it and past it on a blog post to the class.   Don't forget your name!  If you are doing a broadcast live in front of the class and dressing up as a news reporter, then tell us what you will do live so that your audience is convinced you are a good news reporter.  Above all, have fun!  We can't wait to watch them on Monday!

35 comments:

  1. Dear Class & Ms. Shaw,

    I created a Go Animate video! Here is the link.
    http://goanimate.com/videos/0kcJRSwOXBVI/1

    Enjoy!
    Althea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked yours alot!!!!!

      - Switzerland

      Delete
    2. Dear Theo,
      For some weird reason the video wasn't working for me but I trust Switzerland's reviews! I look forward to seeing it at school.

      From,
      Zee

      P.S. You know who I am right? (your name is Theo)

      Delete
  2. dear class,
    I created a voki.right here.
    http://www.voki.com/pickup.php?scid=7268974&height=267&width=200

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear class,
    I created a voki, here are the two links!


    http://www.voki.com/pickup.php?scid=7270551&height=267&width=200


    http://www.voki.com/pickup.php?scid=7270567&height=267&width=200

    Sicerely,
    Percy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Class,

    I am doing a live news report. If you have read my newspaper I have created for the class, you will hear a lot of good reviews. If I have done a good job on that, I should be able to be a convincing reporter. I look forward to sharing my news with you.

    Sincerely,
    Alejandro

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear class,
    This is my link for my report
    ARCHER

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.voki.com/create.php
    ARCHER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my link.http://www.voki.com/pickup.php?scid=7271188&height=267&width=200
      Archer

      Delete
  7. Dear class,
    I am doing a go animate video it has a lot of information
    Check out this Awesome link http://goanimate.com/videos/0JmqI8aTsQuQ/1
    To go to my video highlight it then right click it

    Have a nice time watching the video!

    Regards,
    Raghava U.

    ReplyDelete
  8. dear class,
    I did a voki.Here's the link.I hope. http://www.voki.com/create.php
    By:Abdi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear class,

    I will be doing a live news cast in the classroom. I think that you will think that I am a good reporter because I make things sound interesting. I also think that you will like my news report because I am doing my report on Ponce De Leon, and not many people have heard of him (he was a character in Pirates of the Caribbean!). He is a very interesting man to learn about. (Christopher Columbus did not discover North America!) See you all on monday; hope you enjoyed reading my post!

    Sincerely,
    Shrey

    P.S. Today is Beethooven's birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Class,

    I made a goanimate video about Ferdinand Magellan. The reason that I am not posting a link is because my video is too long to be saved as anything but something that only I can see with my account. I will try to get the video to work at school.

    Best Wishes,
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Class,

    I made a goanimate video about Christopher Columbus. Mine like Lindsey's is to long to post and can only be seen from my account.

    From,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! I thought my goanimate was to large to post but I guess not so here is the link.
      http://goanimate.com/videos/0nnYbtJkq3Rk/1

      From,
      Jeremy

      Delete
  12. Dear class,
    I made a goanimate video. Here is the link.

    http://goanimate.com/videomaker/full/editcheck/06_PAikr3qxA#

    Thank you,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear class,

    I made a Voki video. Here is the link.

    http://www.voki.com/pickup.php?scid=7272096&height=267&width=200

    -Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I can't wait to hear your news reports about the late 1400s and 1500s. All of you will be helping me grade each news broadcast since all of us are a part of the audience that needs to be informed and kept interested in the story. See you soon!

    Miss Shaw :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did mine on World travel and Trade so Marco Polo, Zheng He, Mansa Musa

    http://goanimate.com/videos/0X7i5Jqj87EY/1


    - Grace

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is my news report on columbus.
    http://goanimate.com/videos/0WxOsc3MiBLY/1

    Brendan

    ReplyDelete
  17. http://goanimate.com/videos/08P_PD0CKY6w/1

    -diego

    ReplyDelete
  18. Im doing live!

    - Shrub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well i felt like doing a goanimate since alot of people did I did one so here's the link
      http://goanimate.com/videos/0SvSg7snhnV8/1
      -Shrubs

      Delete
  19. dear miss shaw
    heres my link
    http://goanimate.com/videos/07XVrkpUQGPk/1


    NICOLE

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear class,
    Since the voki is not working i did a goanimate instead. Here it is http://goanimate.com/videomaker/quickvideo/school

    ReplyDelete
  21. dear class,
    never mined this is the one http://goanimate.com/videos/05qPLKOmKuvM/1
    By:Abdi

    ReplyDelete
  22. http://www.voki.com/pickup.php?scid=7268429&height=267&width=200

    curious how much direction was given here ? ?


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.voki.com/pickup.php?scid=7268429&height=267&width=200

      Emily Bridell

      Delete
  23. note this was submitted by emily bridell at 12:30 am at night.

    ReplyDelete
  24. dear class,
    this is my go animate link http://goanimate.com/videos/06_PAikr3qxA/1

    ReplyDelete
  25. the link is aaron's

    sincerely, Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is my news story from jake http://goanimate.com/videomaker/full/bizmodels/?tbub=1

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Class Here Is My News Story


    P.S. Why All First Letters Caps? I FEEL LIKE IT! :)

    -Madison


    P.S.S Wups I Need The Link So Here It Is:

    http://goanimate.com/videos/0G3OZy1hGV38/1



    P.S.S.S. Hope You Like It!

    ReplyDelete