Monday, April 9, 2012

"That's Amazing!" Awards

Think about all the stories we read in our last theme:  Cendrillon, The Stranger, Heat Wave! and The Borrowers.  Create an award for the character in the theme that you think is most amazing.

Include the following in your award that you are writing on our blog:
1.  the name of the character and the story the character was in
2.  the reasons for choosing this character
3.  the accomplishments of this character

37 comments:

  1. Dear Class,
    I think the Farm Girl from Heat Wave should get a "That's Amazing!" award. She should get this award because she saved her whole farm from baking from the heat wave. She also saved her food and animals on the farm by planting a crop of iceberg lettuce. People should also thank her for getting rid of the heat wave before it came to them. See you tomorrow.

    Sincerely,
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great facts to support your nomination, Lucia!

      Delete
  2. Dear Mrs. Shaw
    I think the stranger should win the award because he has a nice personality and is awesome


    From, Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who is this, and what were the stranger's accomplishments that would help him win this award?

      Delete
  3. Dear Class,
    I think the farm girl from Heat Wave sould get the Bravery award. I gave her this award because she came super close to a tornado and saved her farm with lettuce. I would want to have her around all the time if she was alive. Thats why i think she sould get the Bravery award.

    From,
    Porter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Class,
    I think The Stranger from "The Stranger" should get the "That's Amazing" award. I think he should get it because he did a lot of amazing things like he blew on a leaf and it turned orange! The Stranger also brought fall to the to the Bailey's. If I were around him when he did those things, I would be really amazed! That's why I think The Stranger should get the "That's Amazing" award.

    Sincerely,
    Luke M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to read about someone else being nominated, other than the girl from "Heat Wave". I think he was pretty amazing too.

      Delete
  5. 4/12/12
    I think the girl from Heat wave should get the amazing award because she saved the whole farm from being destroyed by the heat from the sun. She accomplished this by planting iceberg lettuce. The lettuce helped to cool the air down so the heat wave disappeared. She was a smart, amazing little girl who loved her farm.
    Joey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Class,
    I think that the farm girl from Heat wave should get the talent award. Because she saved her farm with iceberg lettuce wich is pretty convenient. Also She saved her farm and that is why she has the talent award.

    From,
    Owen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear 3/4 CP Class, 4/12/2012
    I would choose the farm girl from the story "Heat Wave", because she saved her family from the high temperatures. She was very smart to plant some iceberg lettuce to stop the heatwave. She was helpful when the corn turned into popcorn. They put some butter on the popcorn and went to the movies to sell the popcorn. She took care of the animals and brought the cows to the shed and got them water and a fan. This is why I think she should gets the award!
    from, Sasha D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great facts to support your nomination, Sasha!

      Delete
  8. Dear Class,
    I think the Farm Girl from "Heat Wave!" should get the "That's Amazing!" award because she saved her whole family from almost dying in the heat wave. She did that by planting iceberg lettuce. The lettuce helped cool everyone down and the heat wave went away. She cared a lot about her farm and she is smart. That is why I think she should get the award.

    Sincerely,
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Class,

    I think the farm girl from Heat Wave should get the award because she showed bravery and courage
    to save her farm. If she wasn't there during the heat wave her farm would be baked in the heat. I thought it was smart that she destroyed the heat wave by planting iceberg lettuce.
    From,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luke R. said
    I chose the farm girl from Heat Wave.
    I think she should get the award because she saved the farm, animals, people who were there and the hay. Thats why I picked the Farm girl.

    From Luke R.
    P.S. who is anonymous the second comment?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Class,

    I think Cendrillon from the book Cendrillon should win. She was always loyal and she was a hard worker. She also won the heart of a prince. thats why i think Cendrillon shoud win the amazing award.

    from me,

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What were her accomplishments, Jack, that make her worthy of this award? How does she stand out from an average person?

      Delete
  12. Dear ms. Shaw,

    I think the girl from heat wave should win. I think this because she saved her farm. Cendrillon "saved her heart from breaking" but that's her problem. But the girl from heat wave was a thinker and saved the farm. That's why I think the girl from heat wave should win the "that's amazing award.

    From Noah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting that you thought about Cendrillon but decided she wasn't worthy of the award. Very unique thinking, Noah!

      Delete
  13. Dear miss shaw,
    I think the farm girl from Heat Wave should get the "That's amazing awsrd, because she saved her hole farm from the heat wave and the other carcters never did something like that.
    Shae accomplished alot of things for example: saving her farm, making big money with the popcorn idea and she accomplished saving all the farm animals.
    Sincerly, Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  14. P.S. who put the 2nd comment on here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Ms. Shaw,

    I think the farm girl from "Heat Wave" should get a "That's Amazing" award because...
    She saved her farm from the weather, which is physically impossible to do. Also she and her family got a lot of money for selling the popcorn that they brought to the drive in movie. She is really good at finding new ideas.

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  16. dear miss Shaw
    I think the farm girl sould get it because she ssaved the hole farm from the heat wave. Like when the corn turned in to popcorn also when the cows milk turned into buter.that is my reson.

    sincerly
    Hannah Tate

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear ms.shaw,

    I think the award for the most brave goes to the tiny tiny people. There were not that scared when they saw the boy, and they weren't scared when the boy pulled iff there roof.

    From Grace,

    P.s Who did number 2?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who were the tiny people, and what story were they from? I don't understand what you mean by "when the boy pulled iff there roof". What did they do or accomplish that make them worthy of this award?

      Delete
  18. Dear Class,
    I would give an awards to the farm girl because she saved her farm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What were some specific facts to support why she should win the award?

      Delete
  19. Dear ms. Shaw,

    The character I think is most amazing is the farm girl from the heat wave.
    I think she's amazing because she saved the farm from getting burned up from the fire and saved the animals too. Most importantly she saved her whole family. She was very brave and should win the award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have some great facts to support your nomination, Anna!

      Delete
  20. P.s who did comment number two?

    love,
    Anna
    Bower

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ms. Shaw,
    The girl on heat wave should win the "That's Amazing" award because she saved her family,the animals, and the farm from the heat wave. The reason I chose her was because I think she was a hero because she was so brave.
    sincerely,Jacob Bower

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear ms . Shaw
    I think the girl on heat wave should win That's Amazing awards because she saved her barn from the heat wave bye getting her animals safe and getting her family some where cool.
    Sincerely Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Ms. Shaw,

    The amazing award should go to the farm girl in Heat Wave. She was brave and she did lots of things to stop the Heat Wave!! The iceberg lettuce the farm girl planted was an accomplishment because the iceberg lettuce was cold and stopped the heat wave. Not only was she brave she was strong and tough. She was an amazing farm girl.

    By
    NICHOLAS YELKIN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Ms. Shaw,

    I would give an award to "The Farm Girl" from the story Heat Wave. I would give her an award because she saved a whole entire farm, stopped a heat wave, and even got some money for selling the popcorn at the drive in movie. And she also ran into many disasters and did not give up! For example, she got stuck in melting oat and she was also almost run over by a huge glob of gooey dough.

    By Carter Hruby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were very persuasive, Carter! I would vote for her too based on what you wrote.

      Delete