Write a letter to the class about the topic given below. Be sure to include all the parts of a letter. Look at our previous letters on our blog to see where to put the date, the greeting, the body or details, the closing and the signature.
Here is your topic: Choose one of the traditions you have discovered in this story. Explain to the class what the tradition is. Then explain your opinion about why you found it so interesting.
We can't wait to read about your favorite Pueblo tradition that you learned about in our story this week!

To Miss.Shaw
ReplyDeleteMy favorite Pueblo tradition is the Buffalo Dance. Tewas belived that animals and people once spoke the same lauguage. This stoped when people lost respect for the animals. Tewas show respect to all the animals with the Buffalo Dance
From,
Eva
dear Mrs.Shaw 12/15/11
ReplyDeletemy favorite tradition of the pueblo people is
the buffalo dance. I like it because it shows they
care for animals. I also like it because people even show up as buffalo when they dance. Finally I like it because people once praised animals and now they even dance for them that shows friendship. and that is why I choose this tradition.
From,
Rory C.
Dear Miss.Shaw and class, 11/15/11
ReplyDeleteMy favorite tradition is the Buffalo dance. I liked it because of the idea that people once spoke the same language as animals. Also because when the people stopped respecting the animals the tried to respect them with the Buffalo dance. Although I am wondering why they call it the Buffalo Dance? See you all tomorrow.
From,
Lucia
Lucia said,
ReplyDeleteForgot to say one thing lastly I like the Buffalo Dance because it shows respect for the animals.
daer miss shaw 12/15/11
ReplyDeletemy favorite traditoin the pueblo people did was how they painted their hands white to give there drum beats more power while the dances are going on. I like it because it's a creative way of playing the drum and because I think it might give the crum beats more power. and because the it go's along with the dances.
from charlie
Dear Miss Shaw,
ReplyDeleteThe Pueblo tradition I liked the most was the Buffalo Dance. The Buffalo Dance shows their respect to the animals. Why I like it is because I think it's important to show their respect to the animals. I also like it because it also blesses the Feast tomorrow. Thats why I like the Buffalo Dance.
mine is the one above this.
ReplyDeletefrom porter
Dear Miss Shaw, 12/15/2011
ReplyDeleteMy favorite part of the Pueblo people was that they did the buffalo dance and how they respected the animals. I also like it becuse at one point the Tewas believed that people and animals spoke the same language. I also know that the Tewas stopped believing and lost their respect for the animals.
love,
sasha driver
dear ms.shaw 12/15/11
ReplyDeletemy favorite part of the pueblo people was that they would dance for rain. They dance for rain because it is so dry in new mexico. they need rain to grow crops to.they also believe rainbows are good luck.
birch
Dear Class, 12/15/11
ReplyDeleteThe tradition I thought was cool was when the Pueblo People sprinkled cornmeal on the ground after it rained as a gift to the earth. I found it interesting because Americans would not have done that. It was awesome that they sprinkled a food that took so long to make and that they cared that much about rain.
From,
Luke M.
Dear ms. shaw
ReplyDeleteThe tration i thought was nice is that they dance for rain and do a bufflo dance.
From, Grace
DEAR MISS SHAW,
ReplyDeleteMy favorite tradition is when they do the Comanche Dance. They have boys and girls from 3 to 80 years old doing the dance! Hundreds of Tewas perform so it must be important. They dance to pray for their tribe and give thanks for the blessings they recieved. That's why I like the Comanche Dance.
from,
Jack
"Dear Class",
ReplyDeleteI liked the buffalo dance.It was so nice that the Pueblo people cared about all of the animals. I also liked that after it rains they sprinkle cornmeal on the ground.
Love,
"Anna Bower"
I liked the Pueblo peoples tradition of dancing for the animals and for rain. After it would rain they would sprinkle cornmeal on the ground. They really respected animals and the land. I liked that because it was so nice of them to do that. I think we should be nicer to the animals and to our environment.
ReplyDeleteJacob
my favorite traditions are after it rains they will put cornmeal in the ground to thank Mother Earth and Father Sky for the rain after the buffalo dance.
ReplyDeleteGriffin
12\15\11
ReplyDelete"Dear Class"
I liked the dancing tradition especially the Bufflo dance. The tewas believed that animals and people once spoke the same language. This stoped when people lost respect for the animals. Tewas show respect to all the animals with the Buffalo dance.
From, Owen Davis
12/15/11
ReplyDeleteDear Ms. Shaw,
The tradition I found interesting was the Feast Day dances. The tradition is that the Tewa people go to the plaza (the center of town) and have a big party with food, fun and dance. I found it so interesting because of the costumes they ware. I also found it amazing that they make there costumes and not buy them. The dances on Feast Day are my favorite tradition because it is so colorful and so amazing. I also like it because of they dance for rain to come, pray for their tribe's happiness, and pray for Mother Earth.
Sincerely,
Lucie Kalgreen
Dear ms.Shaw i liked the buffalo dance. 12/15/11
ReplyDeletei thought it was interesting because they dance for animals because they thought people lost respect for animals so the Tewas show 100% respect for animals with the buffalo dance.
From,
Case Winter
Dear Ms. Shaw
ReplyDelete12/15/11
I think the buffalo dance was the most interesting because the Tewas believed that humans and animals spoke the same language. Another way i thought it was interesting was. Tewas have respect for the animals by having the buffalo dance. One more way it was interesting was because the next day it was feast day it it said to give power and strengh that is why I think the buffalo dance is most important.
Sincerly, Olivia
When it said it it said it was supposed to be it said
ReplyDeleteSincerly Olivia
Dear Ms. Shaw, 12/15/11
ReplyDeleteThe tradition I liked is the Buffalo Dance. I liked this because it shows the Tewas were in total respect for animals and so am I. (besides my brother) I also liked it because it showed respect for feast day and also gives great power.
I forgot this in my last comment.
ReplyDeletefrom Noah
12/15/11
ReplyDeleteDear Ms. Shaw,
The Pueblo tradition that I liked was after rain, the Pueblo people would sprinkle cornmeal on the ground. This was believed to be a gift to the earth. It makes me wonder why they would put cornmeal on the ground? From, Joey
12/15/11
ReplyDeleteDear Class,
The Pueblo tradition I found most interesting was that they painted there hands white when they played the drums on feast day. It was interesting to me because people in our culture don't do that. I wish I could do that without getting in trouble.
Sincerely,
Sean Vanhove
Hannah said
ReplyDelete1 i like the buffalo dance because they honor animls in specil way.
2 i also like the buffalo dance because i like how only three people do it.
3 i really like how they have the dance set up because they dance in a line.
4 i love how they have there costoms looking good.
5 i love when they dance cause it makes me feel like i am there.
6 i love how they have the dance every year.
Oscar said
ReplyDeleteI really liked how they took care of animals. And I was impressed by the Buffalo Dance.
from,
Ooscar
i like the buffalo dance because they danced for all animal in a very honoring way.
ReplyDeletelove,
Hannah
How can you explain why this was important to you?
DeleteLuke
ReplyDeleteI liked how they prayed when they dance for other people
and I liked the buffalo dance
Luke
January 18, 2012 8:46 AM
ReplyDeleteI liked the buffalo dance because they danced for all animals
Sincerely, Rachel
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteWhat are all the parts of a letter, Rachel? How would you explain what the Buffalo Dance is and why the dancing for animals is so important to you?
DeleteMy favorite pueblo tradition is the buffalo dance because I liked how they honored the animals.
ReplyDeleteBy: Carter Hruby
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteRe-read the directions, Carter. You were supposed to right this in a certain way that is explained above.
DeleteAlso, what is the Buffalo Dance and why was it such an important dance? Use facts to support your opinion.
Dear class,
ReplyDeleteMy favorite Pueblo tradition is the buffalo dance because they danced with an honoring way.
love,
Luke
How would you explain why the Buffalo Dance is so important and why this made it important to you? Use facts to support your opinion.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete