My favorite part was learning about the all-time jazz greats, Louis Armstrong and Duke Ellington, who used to perform at the Apollo Theater in Harlem, New York. Check out the videos below of one of the greatest musicians who ever lived.
Louis Armstrong plays "Hello Dolly."
"What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong

I really like the cool videos!
ReplyDeletehe is really good!
i can't wait to learn more about the states!
Isn't he amazing, Thomas? I'll see what else I can find to post about the music from the Southeast since that is still the place to go if you want to hear incredible live jazz music.
ReplyDeletewhat was your favorite music at the jazz fest olivia
ReplyDeleteMy favorite band that I discovered at Jazz Fest in New Orleans is a Mardi Gras Indian band called The Wild Magnolias. They wear headdresses and other tribal clothing, and they have such positive energy when they perform. They make you want to dance. Maybe sometime I can show you the video of when they brought me on stage at a show I went to in Colorado (it was a long drive from my home in Arizona just to see them).
ReplyDelete