If you want to do a Tech Club activity at home with your parents, here is a really easy one.
First, go to Smilebox Creations with a parent, and create your own free account. Then ask your parents to
show you how to transfer photos from your camera onto your family's computer. Keep that photo gallery page open. Next, go back to your downloaded Smilebox page on your computer. Smilebox will take you through each step of finding a photo album design that goes with your topic. After that you will start adding pictures, captions, and you can even choose from 2-3 free music options. Don't forget the most important step of all, which is to save it. If you have a blog, you can post it there. If you don't have a blog yet and want to create a Blogger blog to connect to your Google website, that just might be the next thing we do at Tech Club. That's what I had to do since I couldn't save my digital photo albums on our classroom website.
What do you think? Is there something else you'd like to do at our next Tech Club? I could show you how to make your very own avatar of yourself, like the one I have of me on our website. Post your ideas below. Above all, have fun! I just love telling stories using technology, and that's exactly what you're doing every time you create a photo album.
Now that I know how easy it is to make a smile-box I'm going to try!
ReplyDeleteI also would like to try to make a avatar of myself that I think would be a fun tech club activity! .
violet
I hadn't even read this post yet, and I asked you that exact question on the last one. Great minds think alike! I will definitely show you how to make a talking avatar at our next Tech. Club.
ReplyDeleteNow I know that making a smile-box photo album is so easy I will try making my own. I also think we should make a blogger blog.
ReplyDeleteSorry I forgot to put my name on my last one it was from Zach.
ReplyDeleteWe're going to make a Blogger blog, Zach. We just have to figure out how we're going to do it.
ReplyDeleteDear Miss Shaw,
ReplyDeleteI my my Blogger and I get to it any time. I can get to it on Edina apps/Moodle. Now when I try to get to my website it say my e-mail is incorrect. Now I can not get to my website. What should I try.
(The page shows my e-mail incorrect. It shows a % instead of @)
Violet
It shows my incorrect e-mail when I try to get to my website
ReplyDeleteHm...We will have to show Mr. Banks what is happening and see if he knows what is going on. Maybe you can go see him first thing tomorrow morning when you get to school (after you stop by the room to let me know you're at school).
ReplyDeleteThese are such fabulous ideas and suggestions. You are so lucky to have a Tech Club. I am a teacher at a different school in Edina and I am so impressed with all the things you guys already know about technology. Way to go, 3rd and 4th graders!I will check this website often to see what else you are learning. Michelle Shaw ROCKS!
ReplyDelete