Friday, November 26, 2010

What have you learned so far about molecules and atoms?

It has been so long since I've studied atoms and molecules that I'd like us to explore this together.  I found a good website that shows a quick video identifying the three phases of matter.  Can you make a comment below, and tell me what they are after watching the video?

Phases of Matter Video

What are some examples of each phase?  I'd love for you to add your thoughts below.

6 comments:

  1. What are stars made of? Aren't they gas and a solid?
    Will we learn different kinds of atoms and the color that they are? By color I mean the color in the book Made Of Matter.
    VN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great questions, VN. What is one way you could discover what phases of matter stars are made of?
    I think we will mainly be learning about the ways that matter changes from one phase to another. For example, what phase is ice? When it melts, does it stay in that same phase, or does it change to something else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the moon made of? OO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another thoughtful question! What do you think you could do at home to find out the answer to your question? Let me know what you come up with. :)
    Miss Shaw

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found out that there is a 4th state of matter called plasma. That is what most people think stars are made out of. What do you think?
    Violet
    P.S. Plasma is very interesting I would google it.
    Violet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting, Violet! How did your website define plasma? I will definintely check it out.

    Great detective work!

    ReplyDelete